Sildenafil Super Active Tablets belong to the class of phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor. It is used for treating erectile dysfunction that is inability to keep erection in man. Sildenafil helps in improving the ability to exercise in adults with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). It is a condition of where high blood pressure in the blood vessels carries blood to the lungs that causes shortness of breathing, dizziness and tiredness. For treating PAH, Sildenafil Super Active Tablets relaxes the blood vessel in the lungs and allow blood to flow easily. This generic medicine should not be used for children. It is used to treat erectile dysfunction by increasing the flow of blood to the penis during sexual stimulation. Now this increased blood flow is responsible for causing erection.
Sildenafil Super Active Tablets is available in the form of tablet that should be taken orally by the user. This tablet should be taken only when needed. It should be taken approx. one hour before the sexual activity. This medicine can also be taken before 30 minutes to 4 hours before sexual activity as well. The patient should not take this generic medicine more than once in a day. The user of the medicine can take this effective tablet with or without food. If the patient uses high fat meal while taking the medicine, it might take long time to show its effect. For treating PAH, the patient should take this tablet thrice in a day at an interval of 4 to 6 hours. The dose for treating erectile dysfunction can be increased or decreased based on the response that the patient shows after the intake of the medicine.
Sildenafil Super Active Tablets should be stored in a locked cupboard so that children and pets should not reach to the medicine. It should be stored at room temperature that ranges from 15 degree centigrade to 30 degree centigrade. Heat and dampness might destroy the effectiveness of the medicine. So it should be kept properly. Sildenafil Super Active Tablets should be protected from light and moisture. This is available in the form blue, film-coated tablet that is round diamond shaped.
Sildenafil citrate is the active ingredient present in the tablet. In contrast, the inactive ingredients present in it include microcrystalline cellulose, anhydrous dibasic calcium phosphate, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, lactose, triacetin and FD &C Blue #2 aluminium lake.
Mechanism of action:-Tadalafil helps the smooth muscle of the corpus cavernosum of the penis. This results in the relaxation of penile arteries and thus increases the blood flow to the penis, helping to get erection for the patient.
Indication:-It is used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Side effects:-Some patient might get side effect after the intake of Sildenafil Super Active Tablets such as headache, diarrhoea, dizziness, upset stomach, vomiting, nasal congestion, changes in hearing & vision, blurred vision and inability to differentiate between blue and green colour. Sometimes, the patient might suffer from chest pain, seizure, fast heartbeat and irregular heartbeat, prolonged or painful erection that lasts more than 4 hours, sudden and severe loss of vision, sudden decrease or loss of hearing, ringing in ear, dizziness, light-headedness, faintness, chest pain, itching and burning sensation during urination.
Some of the medicines that interact with Sildenafil Super Active Tablets include:
- Saquinavir (Invirase, Fortovase)
- Bosentan (Tracleer)
- Cimetidine (Tagamet)
- Clarithromycin (Bixain)
- Doxazosin (Cardura)
- Prazosin (Minipress)
- Terazosin (Hytrin)
- Indinavir (Crixivan)
- Amprenavir (Agenerase)
- Darunavir (Prezista)
- Efavirenz ( Sustiva)
- Tipranavir (Aptivus)
- Nevirapine (Viramune)
- Lopinavir/Ritonavir ( Kaletra)
- Fosamprenavir (Lexiva)
- Ritonavir (Norvir)
- Atazanavir (Reyataz)
- Nelfinavir (Viracept)
- Carbamazepine (Tegretol)
- Phenobarbital (Luminal)
- Phenytoin (Dilantin)
- Rifampin ( Rifadin, Rimactane)
- Rifabutin (Mycobutin)
Dosage:-The patient should be given a low dose of 50 mg when needed for this medicine. This medicine should be taken approximately one hour before physical intercourse. On the basis of tolerance capacity for the drug and the response that the patient shows after its intake, the dose can be increased or decreased.
The maximum dose that can be increased for this generic medicine is 100 mg and it can be decreased to 25 mg in a day. The maximum recommended dosing frequency for the medicine is once per day. It should not be increased beyond the maximum dose in any case else it might lead to serious health problem to the patient.
Missed dose:-Consult your doctor in case you missed any dose.
Overdose:-If overdose of the medicine is suspected, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Precautions:-If the patient is already taking prescription or non-medicine and herbal product or any other dietary supplement then they should tell to the doctor.
- The patient if have allergy with any medicine, food, preservative, dyes or any other such substance then they should tell to the doctor prior taking Sildenafil Super Active Tablets.
- In case the patient is having deformed penis or suffering from cavernosa fibrosis, Peyronie’s disease, Blood cell problem such as leukaemia, multiple myeloma, sickle cell anaemia or any other such condition that might increases the risk of prolonged erection, then they should explain to the doctor.
- In case, the patient has a history of prolonged or painful erection then they should tell to the doctor.
- If the patient is having history of any eye problem such as macular degeneration, optic neuropathy, retinitis pigmentosa, sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes, hearing problem such as ringing in ear, decreased hearing or loss of hearing, then they should reveal to the doctor before taking Sildenafil Super Active Tablets .
- If the patient had suffered or suffering from liver problem or kidney problem, pulmonary veno-occulsive disease, high or low blood pressure, ulcer, bleeding problem, blood vessel problem and irregular heartbeat, all such cases should be known to the doctor.
- If the patient has any medical record of heart attack, stroke, and life-threatening irregular heartbeat within 6 months, then they should proactively tell to the doctor before taking Sildenafil Super Active Tablets.
- Sildenafil Super Active Tablets might cause dizziness, drowsiness, faintness or blurred vision. These conditions become even worse if they are taking alcohol also. Therefore, the patient should not drive vehicle or perform any other work that requires high alertness.
- To avoid dizziness and light-headedness, the patient should get up slowly from sitting or lying position.
- This medicine does not provide protection against sexually transmitted disease. Therefore, the patient should take proper precautionary measures.
- Sometimes, the patient might suffer from eye problem known as non arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION). This might lead to decreased vision or permanent loss of vision. Hence, if the patient is feeling sudden decrease in their vision then they should contact and discuss with doctor immediately